The Oregon DMV website provides information about auto accident reporting.

If you are in a motor vehicle accident in Oregon, you must file an Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report Form within 72 hours when:

  • the damage to the vehicle you were driving is over $1,500
  • or damage to any vehicle involved in the accident is over $1,500 and any vehicle is towed from the accident scene as a result of damages to the vehicle sustained accident
  • or if any of the vehicle occupants suffered injury or death due to the accident
  • or damages to any one person's property is over $1,500

    Oregon Law requires that you file an Accident Report under these criteria even if you are the only one involved in the accident.

    Note that even if a police officer was at the scene of your accident and filed a crash report, you must still file the Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report Form with the Oregon DMV.

    You can use these links to the Oregon DMV site to access the form, or you can also visit an Oregon DMV office to obtain the form.

    You can mail the completed form:

    Accident Reporting Unit
    1905 Lana Ave NE
    Salem OR 97314

    or drop off the completed form at any Oregon DMV office.

    The Oregon DMV provides this useful tool to help you find a DMV office near you.